Anderson Elder Law

  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Special Needs Planning
Text Size:
Phone: 610-566-4700
Fax: 610-566-4702


If a loved one does not have a Power of Attorney in place and is incapacitated to the point of being unable to make decisions about personal and financial affairs, you may be wondering how these important choices will be made. Do you have the legal authority to make the decisions that you know are in your family member’s best interest? If you don’t, who does?

Petitioning for the appointment of a guardian for an incapacitated individual can be a costly and difficult process. A guardianship for your loved one in need of assistance can be arranged to obtain the legal authority necessary to protect the personal and financial matters of your incapacitated family member. Specialized guardianship petitions can also serve an important legal function in the context of Estate Planning, Medicaid Planning, or establishment of First Party Special Needs Trusts.

Anderson Elder Law can aid you in becoming the decision maker for a family member in need of assistance, giving you the peace of mind and security in knowing that your loved one is safe and in good hands.